Connect with us

Latest News

Pathways To Help You Immigrate to Canada From Qatar

Ashley Shelton



Immigrate to Canada

If you’re planning to move to Canada from Qatar, then here’s a quick guide to help you with all pathways to assist you to immigrate to Canada through the main economic immigration programs. Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) divide immigration into three categories: economic class, family class, and refugees.

So far, the most popular route is economic class immigration. These immigrants qualify for permanent residency based on their work experience, education, and other economic factors. Family class immigration concludes as the second largest amount, wherein Canadians can sponsor their family members such as spouses, common-law partners, children, parents, grandparents, and others under this category.

Most of the immigrants move to Canada under its economic immigration program. Majorly, people in Canada start as International Students or Temporary Foreign Workers, while others may enter the country through the following immigration programs.

Express Entry

Express Entry is an application management system for immigration programs: the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), the Canadian Experience Class, and the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP). The Federal Skilled Worker Program is the most common pathway for applicants who have no work and study experience in Canada before. To qualify for the FSWP, one may require:  

  • One year of eligible work experience;
  • A minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 7 on your English or French language test
  • A Minimum of one educational credential;
  • To demonstrate proof of funds (if you do not have a valid Canadian job offer); and
  • To get a minimum of 67 out of 100 points on the FSWP scoring grid.
See also  British Columbia Invites Skilled Professionals in Latest BCPNP Draws

The Canadian Experience Class was developed to modernize the pathway to permanent resident status in Canada for the people who have experience living and working in Canada. To qualify for the CEC, one may require:

  • A minimum of one year of eligible work in Canada within the past three years; and
  • A CLB 7 or higher for jobs that fall under NOC A category, or a CLB 5 for jobs that fall under the NOC B category.

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is a pathway for skilled trades workers to attain status as Canadian permanent residents. To be eligible for the FSTP, one may require:

  • A minimum of two years of skilled trades work experience within the five years before applying
  • A minimum CLB of 5 for speaking and listening and 4 for reading and writing in English or French; and
  • To demonstrate proof of funds (if you do not have a valid Canadian job offer).

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

Most of the Canadian Provinces and territories except Quebec and Nunavut manage their own PNPs. These programs offer pathways to immigration that allow applicants up for economic success in their respective areas. Some PNPs are also managed by the Express Entry system, the eligible candidates may be invited to apply for a provincial nomination. After getting the nomination, an automatic 600 points will be added to the score, and it promises you to receive an ITA in a subsequent Express Entry draw.

See also  Canada Reaffirms Commitment to Refugees on World Refugee Day 2024

Various PNPs are managed by the province’s own application management system. It is not mandatory to qualify for Express Entry to take advantage of these programs. The Canadian province will evaluate your application based on the criteria of the PNP stream. If you stand eligible, you will receive a letter of nomination and will be able to apply to IRCC.

Canadian Work or Study Experience

Having Canadian work and study experience will help the candidate with more immigration pathways. If you wish to study in Canada and require a study permit. You can apply for the permit, once you receive a letter of acceptance from a Canadian institution. Study permits allow an applicant to lawfully go to school, and work part-time during the school year and full-time during academic breaks.

To stand eligible for the immigration programs you require a Canadian education from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). Most of the programs offered at these institutions will qualify for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), which permits the holder to work in Canada for three years.

If you wish to work in Canada, there are two types of work permit programs in Canada: The Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), where an employer requires you to get a positive LMIA to support your work permit. Another one is International Mobility Program (IMP), An LMIA is not required as the work done is considered beneficial to Canada. Most international workers come to Canada under the IMP.



PNP Draws & Updates

British ColumbiaJuly 971 invitations
OntarioJuly 91,666 invitations
QuebecJuly 81,528 invitations
ManitobaJuly 4126 invitations
British ColumbiaJuly 376 invitations
Check Out the Full List of PNP Draws➜

Canada Immigration News Podcast


Recent Express Entry Draws

DrawNumber Of InvitationsMinimum CRS Points
303 (PNP)1,391670
302 (French-Language)3,200420
301 (Healthcare)3,750445
300 (Trade Occupation)1800436
299 (PNP)920739
All Express Entry Draw Results ➜


Trending Searches