British Columbia is the most popular province of destination for new immigrants. British Columbia is often considered the best province in Canada for its diverse economy, dominated largely by service industries. The country’s most western province, British Columbia is located in Vancouver. The province’s economy is dependent on a robust sector of mining and forestry-related natural resources.
So if you want to immigrate to British Columbia, the Provincial Nominee Program has three alternatives:
Skills Immigration Stream
For skilled employees, healthcare professionals, international graduates, postgraduates, and semi-skilled workers, there are numerous categories within the Skills Immigration Stream. These groups consist of:
- The Skilled Worker Category: this category is for candidates who have received an eligible job offer in a skilled occupation.
- Healthcare Professional Category: this category is for individuals who possess experience and eligible job offers as physicians, nurses, or allied health professionals.
- International Graduate Category: The individuals who have graduated from an eligible Canadian university or college in the last 3 years and have a job offer from a BC employer are eligible for the International Graduate category.
- International Post Graduate Category: This category is for individuals who have graduated from a Masters or Doctorate program in the natural, applied, or health sciences from British Columbia university. No job offer is required under this category.
- Entry-Level and Semi-Skilled Worker Category: This category is for workers in entry-level or semi-skilled positions in tourism, hospitality, food processing or long-haul trucking.
Express Entry British Columbia
In order to manage applications for permanent residents, Express Entry BC coordinates with the federal government’s Express Entry immigration program. Express Entry assigns immigration applicants a score based on the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which takes into account a number of factors, including their age, education level, employment history, and language proficiency.
The top-scoring applicants are invited to submit an application for permanent residence. Express Entry applicants who are nominated provincially by British Columbia are given an additional 600 CRS points, effectively ensuring that they will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence in the upcoming Express Entry lottery.
Through Express Entry British Columbia, the following immigration categories for skilled workers may be processed:
- Skilled Worker Category
- Health Care Professional Category
- International Graduate Category
- International Post-Graduate Category
Entrepreneurs may immigrate to British Columbia through the below –mentioned three options:
- Entrepreneur Immigration – Base Category: Senior managers or business owners who plan to invest in a proposed business in British Columbia are eligible under this category.
- Entrepreneur Immigration – Regional Pilot: International entrepreneurs who are looking to establish a new business in a small community in British Columbia can immigrate under BC’s Entrepreneur regional pilot category.
- Strategic Projects Category: This category permits businesses with foreign ownership to establish operations in British Columbia. The province will accept nominations for up to five senior administrative, professional, or technical staff employees to live there permanently.