With the most recent annual international student survey in 2021, the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) has declared the results of the data that include 41,000 students from 67 Canadian universities.
Canada is said to be one of the best leading destinations for higher studies. Thus, a tremendous increase in the number of international students in Canada is remarkably noticed.
Rising Admission rates of International Students
When asked newcomers about their education plans or living experiences in Canada, one of the greatest reasons was brought to our attention.
Safety and Stability
Canada ranked among the safest countries in the world. Not only this, the idea of resistance, cultural diversity, and inclusivity makes the place a livable place to study. Furthermore, Canada’s universities are ranked as considered choices for more than 70% of students. Therefore, the safety factor of Canada has captured a determining factor for students immigrating to Canada for studying.
Canada as an Academic Destination for International Students
- Canada is a prominent place for high-quality education and building a career in academics.
- Additionally, the country has a suite of career-driven opportunities, on-campus jobs, part-time jobs, full-time work, and jobs for students.
- At the top of it, a few study-oriented government policies make Canada an ideal destination for students to immigrate to Canada anytime in their life.
- Canada has plenty of programs to offer but the striking part is the programs come with the option of getting an edge in funding and full-ride scholarship support.
- Moreover, CBIE is a non-profit organization that works for the benefit and development of education in Canada.
- Besides, having quality education and cultural diversity, the costs incurred on programs in Canada is also reasonable and affordable, when compared to other countries.
What is the work status for International Students in Canada?
Canada is known for its high-reaching graduate employability rate amongst officially recognized universities worldwide. Thus, the Ministry of Education of Canada also gets foreign admissions as they offer great work opportunities to create diverse learning culture along with a great place to work for international students.
For students admitted to Designated Learning Institution (DLI), they are eligible to work without a work permit under the following conditions:
- Enrolled as a full-time student under at least a 6-month program with a certificate.
- Must have begun to study
- Student must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)