Connect with us

Immigration Announcement

Canada is Planning New Immigration Programs

Austin Campbell



Canada is Planning New Immigration Programs

Canada is planning a new immigration program for temporary foreign workers and foreign students. Immigration Minister, Sean Fraser told in a recent interview that the new program will be a permanent pathway for temporary residents. It will be similar but not the same as the Temporary Residence to Permanent Residence (TR2PR) program which will welcome 90000 essential workers and foreign students.

After being appointed as an Immigration Minister, Fraser was to expand immigration pathways to permanent residence for foreign students and temporary workers. Now, the minister has 120 days to come up with a strategy to fulfill these goals. All the details will be released by September 8 when Fraser’s 120 deadline is up. Here’s a quick preview of the changes expected in the following pathways.

Express Entry Changes

Canada is planning to resume to Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applicants to apply for permanent residence from July. The federal government is to pass Bill C-19 through the Senate and is on its way to becoming a law. IRCC will offer the opportunity to invite Express Entry candidates to the pool according to their economic goal, occupation, Language proficiency, or education credential.

See also  Canada Hosts Informative Sessions for Temporary Foreign Worker Program

How to immigrate as a temporary resident


It is not necessary to be in Canada to qualify for an immigration program. According to the studies, immigrants with Canadian experience earn more and have more instances of employment than the ones who immigrate directly. Canadian education and work experience open up the doors to many immigration programs.

If you wish to study in Canada, you will be required to get accepted to a Designated Learning Institution and get a study permit. If you graduate from a full-time program of at least 8-month duration, you can qualify for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which many opt for to gain Canadian work experience.

A work permit is required in Canada and there are over 100 work permit options which are broadly divided into two broad categories: Temporary Foreign Worker Program and International Mobility Program Work Permits. One of the major differences is that TFWP work permit requires employers to complete an LMIA, on the other hand, IMP work permits support Canada’s economic, social and cultural requirements.

See also  Canada Expands Visa Services in Mexico with New Application Centers
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



PNP Draws & Updates

OntarioJune 11244 invitations
QuebecJune 10 (invitations issued on May 30)1441 invitations
ManitobaJune 6254 invitations
British ColumbiaJune 468 invitations
British ColumbiaMay 2871 invitations
Check Out the Full List of PNP Draws➜

Canada Immigration News Podcast


Recent Express Entry Draws

DrawNumber Of InvitationsMinimum CRS Points
297 (CEC)3000522
296 (PNP)2985676
295 (French Lang.)1400410
294 (All Program)2095529
293 (STEM)4500491
All Express Entry Draw Results ➜


Trending Searches