Ontario Organizes a New PNP Draw to Invite Skilled Candidates
Canadian provinces have been organizing draws regularly to invite skilled candidates into the country. With the pandemic reducing immigration last year, it is important to increase the number of newcomers in 2021.
Ontario, the largest province in Canada, welcomes thousands of immigrants every year. The latest draw was organized by the province on July 27, and a total of 1,031 Express Entry candidates received invitations to apply for a provincial nomination. Ontario targeted candidates who have work experience in specific professions to satisfy the need of the labor market.
Eligibility for the draw
Ontario rendered 18 occupations eligible for this draw which means that the invited candidates have professional experience in any of these 18 occupations. The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) wanted to invite these candidates because they have the potential to satisfy the requirements of the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP). International workers get access to a variety of opportunities to work in Ontario through this PNP as long as they satisfy the requirements. Some of the occupations listed by the OINP listed for this draw were:
- NOC 0911 – Manufacturing managers
- NOC 3211 – Medical laboratory technologists
- NOC 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- NOC 0125 – Other business services managers
- NOC 0211 – Engineering managers
- NOC 0311 – Managers in health care
- NOC 0711 – Construction managers
- NOC 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- NOC 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- NOC 3231 – Opticians
- NOC 0631 – Restaurant and food service managers
- NOC 0731 – Managers in transportation
- NOC 2161 – Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
The 1,031 invited candidates who received invitations in the July 27 draw had created their profiles under the Express Entry system. The required Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score for them to get an invitation ranged between 458 and 467.