Ontario Hosts New PNP Draw for 10 Priority Professions
Ontario is the largest province in Canada, and immigrants are attracted to it for its wealth of opportunities. 2020 saw immigration slowing down in the province due to the travel restrictions, but the province has been organizing draws regularly again this year to invite larger batches of skilled candidates.
Details of the draw
On June 23, Ontario held a new draw via the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to issue a total of 583 invitations among Express Entry candidates. They will now be able to submit their applications for a provincial nomination.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) targeted candidates who could satisfy the eligibility requirements of the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP), which is a PNP that allows foreign workers to follow their career path in Ontario. All the selected candidates had existing profiles in the Express Entry system, and the required CRS score ranged from 464 to 467.
OINP invited only those candidates who had at least a year of work experience in any of the following professions:
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (NOC 0124)
- Banking, credit and other investment managers (NOC 0122)
- Human resources professionals (NOC 1121)
- Other business services managers (NOC 0125)
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012)
- Professional occupations in business management consulting (NOC 1122)
- Corporate sales managers (NOC 0601);
- Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111);
- Financial and investment analysts (NOC 1112);
- Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants (NOC 4163)
The candidates can now submit their applications for a provincial nomination.