Connect with us

Immigration Announcement

Immigrating to Canada from the United States

Ashley Shelton



Immigrating to Canada from the United States

If you live in the United States and want to secure permanent residence in Canada, there are several ways you can go about it.

Your ideal immigration plan will depend on your settlement goals and current circumstances.

To begin with, you have to identify whether you want to move to Canada as a family class or an economic class immigrant. If you do not have close family members in Canada, there is nothing to worry about because there are over 100 Canadian economic-class immigration programs available. 

Economic class programs cater to people who want to immigrate and build a career in Canada. They evaluate candidates based on their educational qualifications, work experience and language skills. Getting Canadian experience through working or studying can boost your success in the labor market.

The most popular immigration solutions include:

Study Permits and Post-Graduation Work Permits

Study permits will permit you to study in Canada and work part-time at the same time. You can even qualify for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) that lets you work in Canada for three years after completing your degree.

See also  IRCC Advances Skills Missions to Attract Global Talent

Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP), International Mobility Program (IMP)

The TFWP aims to fill labor gaps in the market, while the IMP seeks to broaden the economic, social, and cultural interests in Canada. Both of them are suitable work permits.

Express Entry

If you want to immigrate via the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC), you have to complete your registration in the Express Entry pool.

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)

PNPs allow provinces and territories to nominate candidates with the ideal skillset for their labor market. You can apply for “enhanced” PNP-s or base PNP-s, depending on your preference.


The Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (CUSMA) has made it easier for U.S. citizens to move to Canada for professional reasons. This work permit has four variations: CUSMA Professionals, CUSMA Intra-Company Transfers, CUSMA Traders and CUSMA Investors.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



PNP Draws & Updates

British ColumbiaJuly 971 invitations
OntarioJuly 91,666 invitations
QuebecJuly 81,528 invitations
ManitobaJuly 4126 invitations
British ColumbiaJuly 376 invitations
Check Out the Full List of PNP Draws➜

Canada Immigration News Podcast


Recent Express Entry Draws

DrawNumber Of InvitationsMinimum CRS Points
305 (French)1,800400
304 (CEC)6,300515
303 (PNP)1,391670
302 (French-Language)3,200420
301 (Healthcare)3,750445
All Express Entry Draw Results ➜


Trending Searches