Connect with us

Family Sponsorship

What Occurs After You Apply to Sponsor Your Spouse for Canadian Immigration?

Austin Campbell



sponsor your spouse for Canadian Immigration

After you apply to sponsor your spouse for Canadian immigration, you might wish to check the advancement of your application, update your application, or in any case speak with Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

IRCC’s processing period in assessing inland applications is taking a normal 15 months, and outland candidates are requiring around two years. This is the very thing you can expect between the time you present your application and the time you formally become a Canadian Permanent Resident. Consequently, there is a lot to do post-applying for spouse sponsorship in Canada.


IRCC will initially look at the sponsor’s eligibility or qualification. Assuming every document is available, IRCC will send an email or letter affirming that the application has been acknowledged for handling. But if the application is denied, IRCC will also communicate to you the reason in an email or letter.


When the Canadian spouse is viewed as qualified, IRCC will send you an AOR with your application number on it. The application number permits you to connect your application to your IRCC secure record for further communication. During the handling, IRCC will request that you present your clinical or medical tests, police certificates, and biometrics after you apply for Canadian spouse sponsorship.


An interview is conducted only if requested by IRCC. IRCC will provide you with the important details regarding the time, date, and venue for the interview. IRCC may also demand to present a few valid documents during an interview.


Permanent Residency

Once the application is completely processed by IRCC, you might need to forward the following documents: Original or Photocopy of Passports, two photographs, and Payment Proof

If the sponsor is being supported outside Canada, IRCC will send them a confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and a permanent resident Canadian visa. Once got, you may head out to Canada and meet an official at a Canadian entry point. The official will decide on your PR application. While, if you are inside Canada, you need to meet an immigration official for COPR acceptance. IRCC will send you a letter to plan your arrangement. The official will then decide on your PR application.