Shifting to Canada is an excellent decision for your career and your personal life. However, the pandemic can cause a lot of stress even if you are ready to immigrate.
The following tips will help you prepare for your new life in Canada in these unprecedented times.
- To begin with, you must take care of your health before your trip. Canada is not allowing anyone with COVID-19 symptoms to cross the border. You have to take a coronavirus test within three days prior to your trip. You will be allowed on the plane only if you can show a negative report.
- Make your quarantine plans and provisions beforehand. It is mandatory for travellers to quarantine for two weeks after reaching Canada. Border officers will ask for your quarantine accommodation plans as soon as you land.
- Since you are travelling to a new country, it is better to have some emergency funds set aside in case you cannot start earning immediately. Carry enough money to see you through the first few months.
- Do your research to find the best Canadian province for you. Go through labour market reports to understand where your skills are in high demand. You can also go through the climatic and demographic conditions of the provinces to know where you will be able to integrate the fastest.
- Go through all the COVID-19 measures and regulations beforehand. You might face documentation delays at some points.
- The three primary documents you will need are Permanent Residence Card, Social Insurance Number and Provincial Health Card. They are essential for you to be recognizable as a Canadian permanent resident and start your new life from scratch.
- Nail the job search even before you travel. Browse job search websites based on your credentials with regularity.