Connect with us

How to Report an Immigration Fraud?

How Do I Report Immigration Fraud?

Call the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Border Watch Toll-Free Line at 1-888-502-9060 to report:

  • Suspicious activity at the border
  • A marriage of convenience
  • A person who has given false information on any immigration application or
  • A person wanted on an immigration warrant

What you tell the tip line is private. Your identity stays protected.

How Do I Report Citizenship Fraud?

You may report a person who:

  • Pretended to live in Canada to become a citizen or
  • Hid information about their case

In Canada

  • Call the Client Support Centre and choose the citizenship fraud tip option in our automated telephone system, or
  • Send an email to IRCC.CitizenshipFraudTips-Fraudedecitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Outside Canada

  • Contact your nearest Canadian visa office, or
  • Send an email to IRCC.CitizenshipFraudTips-Fraudedecitoyennete.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

How do I Report Internet, Email or Telephone Scams and Fraud?

If you or someone you know has been the target of a telephone, Internet, email or other type of scam and gave personal or financial information by mistake, you should:

In Canada

Contact the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

Toll-free: 1-888-495-8501

We are aware of a recent ongoing telephone scam – archived. If you get a suspicious call, hang up right away and contact your local police. You should also report the scam to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

Outside Canada

Report the scam to your local police.

How Do I Report Abuse?

Any behavior that scares, threatens, controls or isolates you could be abuse. Abuse can be physical, sexual, financial or mental.

You don’t have to stay in an abusive relationship or workplace to keep your status in Canada.

The person who’s abusing you might tell you that you’ll be deported or lose your children if you leave. Whether you’re a permanent resident, or you have temporary status in Canada, you have options. You can escape violence, harassment or other abuse.

Get Help If Someone is Abusing You

  • Call 9-1-1 or your local police in an emergency.
  • Call 1-888-242-2100 to contact our Client Support Centre for information on your citizenship or immigration status.

Know your rights, identify abuse, neglect and forced marriage, and get help if you are being abused.
Know your rights, identify abuse, and learn about the open work permit for vulnerable workers.

How Do I Report a Possible Victim of Human Trafficking?

If you or someone you know is a victim, contact:

  • the human trafficking hotline at 1-833-900-1010,
  • your local police or
  • dial 911

Do not take the law into your own hands or take part in any illegal activity.

Content Source: Canada.ca



PNP Draws & Updates

British ColumbiaJuly 971 invitations
OntarioJuly 91,666 invitations
QuebecJuly 81,528 invitations
ManitobaJuly 4126 invitations
British ColumbiaJuly 376 invitations
Check Out the Full List of PNP Draws➜

Canada Immigration News Podcast


Recent Express Entry Draws

DrawNumber Of InvitationsMinimum CRS Points
304 (CEC)6,300515
303 (PNP)1,391670
302 (French-Language)3,200420
301 (Healthcare)3,750445
300 (Trade Occupation)1800436
All Express Entry Draw Results ➜


Trending Searches