On August 26, Ontario issued invitations to 703 Express Entry candidates who had existing work experience in certain targeted occupations.
Details of the draw
The successful Express Entry candidates were required to have a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score ranging from 466 and 475 in order to qualify during this latest invitation round. The candidates who manage to secure a provincial nomination from Ontario will benefit from an extra 600 points that will automatically be added to their CRS points. As a result, they will be effectively guarantees to receive an Invitation to Apply in a later Express Entry draw.
The candidates who received an invitation through this round will be able to qualify for a provincial nomination that will help them gain permanent residence via the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream in Ontario.
During the draw, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued invitations to only those candidates who had work experience in any of the following professions:
- Financial managers NOC 0111
- Dietitians and nutritionists NOC 3132
- Corporate sales managers NOC 0601
- Financial auditors and accountants NOC 1111
- Advertising, marketing as well as public relations managers NOC 0124
- Other financial officers NOC 1114
- Registered nurses and psychiatric nurses NOC 3012
- Professional occupations related to business management consulting NOC 1122
- Allied primary health practitioners NOC 3124
If the candidates want to get a provincial nomination from Ontario, they must apply via the Human Capital Priorities Stream, and they should also have a minimum one year of experience in any of the listed occupations.