The province of Ontario is very immigrant-friendly and commonly features in candidates’ list of preferred destinations. One of the main reasons is that Ontario provides prospective candidates with a lot of opportunities to try and secure a provincial nomination.
On November 12, Ontario issued invitations to 443 eligible candidates as they could satisfy the requirements of the Human Capital Priorities Stream under the provincial Express Entry system. This enhances PNP lets the province select the perfect candidates for the labor market. Ontario goes through the Express Entry pool in order to find the most eligible candidates.
If you are interested in qualifying for this stream, you should be eligible for either of the Federal High Skilled programs offered by Canada. It is not mandatory for you to have a job offer in the country, but you should meet all the work experience criteria.
Details of the draw
The November 12 draw saw the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program targeting candidates with professional experience is any of the following occupations:
- Advertising marketing/public relations managers (NOC 0124)
- Financial managers (NOC 0111)
- Other financial officers (NOC 1114)
- Registered nurses and psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012)
- Dieticians and nutritionists (NOC 3132)
- Allied primary health practitioners (NOC 3124)
- Corporate sales managers (NOC 0601)
- Occupations in business management consulting (NOC 122);
- Financial auditors and accountants (NOC 1111)
All the invited candidates had CRS scores ranging between 469 and 477. They will be able to submit their applications for the provincial nomination within the next 45 days. The ones who manage to secure a nomination will receive a hefty points bonus, which could propel them towards permanent residence.